Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can I repair a glass microwave cooking tray that split right down the middle?

GE wants $50+ for a new one. Its 14'; across, and I have several kinds of glues and epoxys on hand.How can I repair a glass microwave cooking tray that split right down the middle?
Sorry your just going to have to buy a new one or just buy a new microwave. The glues wouldn't hold up to microwaving...How can I repair a glass microwave cooking tray that split right down the middle?
i wouldn't use the glues because of the toxic with food. You can sometimes find these trays at secondhand shops or yard sales . The only other choice would be to buy the new one. My sons GE tray split down the middle also. Wonder if they have had any recalls, might be worth checking into.My microwave went up so I gave him my tray . It was the same type.
~~You shouldn't use any of those glues in a continuously heated area with food. It's safer for you to purchase the replacement (check for it on EBAY too). You may get it cheaper through an after market store. Do a search and see. However, $50 is a cheap investment for your health!~~
Most glues will react to microwaving and get hotter than the glass - you might try a hard silicon - one of the Goop products, perhaps testing it before use.
Try looking at your local thrift stores ,they usually have them for a few dollars each.Good Luck!
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment