Thursday, February 11, 2010

When cutting your own split ends do you have to have special scissors?

I have veryyyy long hair with damaged and split ends. I bleached the underside of my hair years ago, so now I have shorter hair around my neck and almost all have split ends. This bugs the hell out of me and itches my neck. I cut my own here and there with regular scissors, but it seems like it makes it worse. Would using special scissors for hairdressers solve that? Where would you get those and about how much?When cutting your own split ends do you have to have special scissors?
Actually there are special scissors because the way the knives are on the regular scissors, it can actually give you split ends, and split ends if not treated works its way up the hair shaft. You need to go to a hair supply store like Sally's or even walgreens, and get the scissors made for trimming hair, and they should be named as such and they have a little curve on one of the handles. Also, it could be the way you are cutting your hair, like the way you hold your hand. It sounds like you need a deep condintion and you should probably go to a hairstylist to fix the damage you already have. If you wait to long you may have to cut your hair short to stop the damage. Have the stylist give you a deep condition and a trim, it should cost about 30-40 dollars maybe more since your hair is so long. I hope everything works out.When cutting your own split ends do you have to have special scissors?
i have long hair too and i also cut my own split ends. my hair grows when i do it but, your hair is getting worse which means that you are doing somethind totally wrong. when i first started doing my own hair i had the same problem. ididnt now what worked for me. so you should go to the beauty salon and let them handle it. you will only have to go a couple of times and you can learn how to od it yourself. but if you dony get profesional help now before you know it you will have short hair then no hair. trust me i know my hair used to be down my back now it just sweeps under my shoulders. but whatever type of scissors you have doesn't matter.
You should do what I do and roll your hair super tight like a burrito then the hairs that stick out should be the split ends and simply chop them off but be very careful not to cut your other hairs,and any scissors will do.If it still bugs you then go get a trim those leave you at least 95% spit ends free.
Don’t use hair dryers, curling irons, or hair straightening devices if you’re serious about getting rid of split ends. Anything that uses heat to treat your hair, barring “thermal hair treatments,” is bad for your hair. DONT brush your hair when its wet...... USE SHARP SCISSORS if you want to cut them.....Use this shampoo:





http://www.nextag.com/554754234p/zz2zB4z…
Sallys Beauty supply has some really nice scissors. The price ranges though. You can prolly get scissors there from $10.00 -$15.00-up to $1,000 I'm sure. Go to sally's beauty supply website and you can type in your area code and then they will tell you the praices to diffrent scissors you like.


Hope I helped a little.
U shouldnt be cutting your slpit ends your self, you should have a hair dresser do that, otherwise YES you will need expensive scissors. I would suggest you use this product





http://www.keune.com/default.php?page=20…





once a week rub it into the ends of your hair, it works like magic!! I sweat this stuff!!!
They are called shears and you can get them at places like Sally's beauty supply. If your hair is thick cut only a little at a time. Use a comb as a guide to keep it straight and press the hair together with your fingures.
If you know what you're doing, just use your own home scissors. I do it all the time, and they work just fine. No need to spend $ on the fancy schmancy stuff.
Go to your local beauty supply store and buy hair cutting scissors. If you use craft or paper scissors you can make uneven cuts. Plus hair cutting scissors are sharper.
ITS BEST TO HAVE THE RIGHT SISSIORS, IF YOU DONT HAVE SALON SISSORS, THEN CUT AT AND ANGLE, THE ANGLE TOWARDS YOUR FACE...IF ITS ALOT OF HAIR PLEASE LET A STYLIST DO IT!!
go to a salon....DIY is not always the best way to go.
http://hair-care.suite101.com/article.cf…
you need to use special hair dressing scissors get in touch with a hair dresser and ask were u get them from
Try hair shears at any beauty supply store...they range between 3 and 50 dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment