Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do you take a sub with a Y split and turn it into a single RCA connection?

I'm getting a new receiver because my old one died and this new one has a different connection for my sub. I'm currently looking at the Kenwood VR-407 receiver. I can get it for a really good price but I have a conflict. With my old sub, it was the two exposed wires that you coil up and stick in the hole, not the RCA type. Now, my sub needs to be a single RCA for this to work. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks.How do you take a sub with a Y split and turn it into a single RCA connection?
Just plug in your powered sub's RCA cable into the receiver's sub out and voila!


_


_


_


_


_How do you take a sub with a Y split and turn it into a single RCA connection?
that type of cable is sold at RadioShack, or you could buy a RCA jack (which is cheaper) tip at any Audio/Video Store and create your own cable.
it will work both ways if your sub is powered, if it is not powered, (see if it plugs in that will mean that it is powered)





but if the sub is not powered, then run it the same way, but you will not have true 5.1, becasue the .1 stands for the sub channel

No comments:

Post a Comment