Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How long and at what temperature do I cook split chicken breasts?

When I was little my mom used to make the most delicious chicken ever. She'd take the breasts and pat them with rosemary salt and pepper and bake. I want to replicate this tonight, I just can't remember how long she cooked them or what temperature was best. I believe it might have been 400 for 50 minutes, but I don't want to accidentally ruin dinner. Thanks for your help in advance :)How long and at what temperature do I cook split chicken breasts?
Chicken must be cooked to an internal temp of 165 degrees.





I would bake split breasts at 350 for 35-40 minutes. I think 400 for 50 minutes would dry out your chicken.How long and at what temperature do I cook split chicken breasts?
400 degrees for 25 minutes. That should be enough. As the previous poster said, 50 minutes is far too long. The way to check if your chicken is done is to insert a knife or skewer into the breast at the thickest part; if the juices run clear then it's cooked, if they're still pink then it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment