Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to prevent split ends when straightening them every day?

I have thick, wavy-curly hair and I just got it cut. About half an inch to an inch too short to me, but its fine. The only issue is I always straighten the ends of my hair and I want to grow it out another two or so inches, but I don't want to have super split ends. How can I prevent this? I have various serums and heat protectants to use, but what's the best way to prevent damage?How to prevent split ends when straightening them every day?
straighten but dont reach the end of the hair.How to prevent split ends when straightening them every day?
Hi,


You need to retain the condition of the hair in order to prevent splits.This is not enough if the hair doesn't get enough protein the thickness of the hair strand reduces especially at the end.So eat food that has good amount of protein. The best protein for hair is milk protein.


1.Ensure that you apply oil to the ends as well as to the roots and let it soak for 2 to 4 hrs


2. Also apply curds an hour before your take bath this will retain the moisture.


3.You can also apply milk cream at the split ends in case your hair is very very dry.





If possible don't let your hair open in a windy weather or polluted air. You can also cover it if you can.


I hope this will help you.


Please reply back if you still have any issues regarding your hair.
There isnt a way to completely avoid split ends when using heat products. I used to use them every day, and i had some really bad split ends. To prevent using heat every day, i put my hair up once in a while. I sometimes put it in a cute bun, or just a wavy ponytail. My hair is so much healthier now! Also, you could try using shampoos' designed to keep hair healthy and damage free.
serums and protectants, are the best way to prevent damage. as well as getting a damage protecting shampoo/conditoner. treseme has a good line of styling protectant products.





but the only way to really prevent damage is to cut back on heat styling and trim your ends every 6 weeks or so..
well the thing most about getting spit ends is not to put your hair in pony tails when you straighten ur hair don't use alot of heat and wash your hair before doing it (make it dry)
Only a trim will prevent.

No comments:

Post a Comment