Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How would I split the cost with my girlfriend?

I'm moving in with my gf next month and this is my first times of living with a gf. I don't know how to fairly split the costs of living. Would you guys offer some suggestion?How would I split the cost with my girlfriend?
Hmm.... 50/50


its not like u guys are maried


unlless ur rich , u pay it allHow would I split the cost with my girlfriend?
When the rent is due or as the bills come in, give her half of the money. Let her mail in the full amount of the rent or utilities. Tell her some line like '; I'd rather have you send in the payment, I trust you to be more responsible and less forgetful then I would probably be'; Paying her a compliment will boost her ego a bit and she'll want to take control of the bills from then on to show you how competent she is. So you wind up paying half but don't have to worry about looking for stamps :) and everyone's happy. Until 3 months down the road of course when the 2 of you cant stand to look at each other.
The answer to your question is what the two of you interpret as fair. 50/50 may not be fair, if one of you has a lot more money than the other person.





If you have about equal incomes then I think one of you should pay the rent, and the other person pays all the bills (utilities, TV, internet, food). It kind of depends on how high your rent is to try to get things to equal out. I would not put both peoples names on things. That becomes a mess. I would not be handing over half the money every time a bill comes in. You will end up always talking about money.





I suggest you figure out who is paying for what before you move in. And you also have to talk about what happens if it doesn't work out. Be practical.
starting out i think it should be half and half. thats fair. also neither of you can hang it over the others head when you argue. i also think it depends on the money each of you make later on. maybe you should base it on income so both of you have an equal amount of extra money so the other doesn't get jealous. Or if you want to do it this way, have one of you pay the bills and the other be in charge of the extra spending. theres many different ways you could do it but i think when you're first starting out living together it should be 50/50.
My boyfriend and I are about to move in also. I thought about this. We have been together so long, that basically his money is mine, and mine is his. But first of all, just split the rent every month. You pay it one, she pays it the next. As far as groceries and stuff, just take turns. I hope everything works out for you!!!
It should be 50/50. It depends on what kinds of jobs you both have. Do not listen to these people who are saying ';you are the man, so cover it';. That is just archaic thinking. We are not living in the 60's any more. You both sit down, work out your budget. If you DO make a lot more than her, then you two decide who can afford what.


the idea of a joint bank account at this point is not a good one. Then, if either of you broke up with the other one, either of you could clean out the account and take all the money. a joint account means all the money belongs to both of you. Even when I was married I had a separate bank account. You never know what is around the corner.
Well 50/50 for rent and for everything else either 50/50 or something like one of you pay utilities and the other pays cable and internet depending on what you have..Or just do everything 50/50-thats the fairest way really..
You should cover it by yourself, but if you can't get a joint bank account, put both your checks in it and pay the bills outa it, then you won't have to worry about how to split it.
Split it 50/50
either 50 50


or you get rent %26amp; she gets utilities.





your the man so whats ever more expensive you should cover!
you dont you Pay it all


come on STEP UP

No comments:

Post a Comment