Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have a split level home built in 1986. What changes can I make to update it and increase my resale value?

Upper Level - 1 master with small 3/4 bath; 2 guest bdrms; 1 full bath


Mid Level - front room and kitchen


Lower Level - office; 3/4 bath; and family room with fireplace.





We recently had a new roof and siding put on and plan on landscaping the front for ';curb-appeal'; in the spring. In the meanwhile, we were hoping to get some ideas on how to spruce up the house DIY style.





Initial thoughts are:


1) Replacing vinyl flooring in all bathrooms with ceramic tile.


2) Refinishing kitchen cabinetry (their all wood)


3) Putting in laminate wood flooring in kitchen.


4) Replacing appliances (they're all probably 10 years old) if there's money left.





Any advice or other suggestions.I have a split level home built in 1986. What changes can I make to update it and increase my resale value?
Kitchen remodel is your best ';bang for the buck'; people really look at the kitchen when looking for a home a up to date kitchen is your best option!I have a split level home built in 1986. What changes can I make to update it and increase my resale value?
Update your lighting. Add crown or new baseboard moldings. If you have outdated paneling or brick, spruce it up by painting it a neutral color to blend in with your decor. Remove wallpaper and paint out in a neutral color if you are looking to sell.
Don't worry about resale value. Fix it up to enjoy. Unless you're planning on moving shortly. Then you may want to just paint and clean everything to make it presentable. And of course price it accordingly. Spending thousands of dollars may or may not increase value depending on the market conditions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment