Thursday, February 11, 2010

How long does it usually take to make it to the splits?

I'm trying to get there by this weekend for a bet. I've got less than a foot to go before I touch the ground (this is on the regular splits). Chinese splits are too hard... How long would it normally take to make it - if I stretch off and on every day this week?How long does it usually take to make it to the splits?
I don't know how flexible you are or how old you are. If you are young and flexible it would certainly be much easier. If you have never done it before and try do get there in a week, I would say it's kind of difficult. It usually takes longer than a week.How long does it usually take to make it to the splits?
For me it took me about s weeks but it depends on how flexible you are.





I stretched each day for 2 minutes then measured on how far i was from the ground. You really cant do the splits by the end of the week unless u are very flexible. i finished on day before it actually hit 3 weeks.

Report Abuse



Splits can often be very difficult for some, and easier for others. I myself dance, and can do a split both legs, but i didn't just get it naturally. In order to really do a split, you need to practice and push yourself everyday. Eventually, you'll see that it gets easier to become flexible, and that you'll be getting closer to the ground. But before you do splits, you need to do proper other stretches too; loosen up the back and front of your thighs, and the backs of your calves (the hardest ones to stretch!) Just work on it everyday, and don't give up.
i have been dancing for 19 years and i still cant touch the ground on my left straight split
I've been a dancer for 17 years and it takes a while. I still cant get my middle split and it took me about 2 or 3 years of constant stretching and working at it to get my other splits (right and left) comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment