Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you learn splits with square hips?

I am a 12 yr old girl gymnast from Australia. I can go down in splits on one leg and nearly the other but my hips are bent. Because my hips are bent it is affecting my split jumps, split leaps, and change leaps. At the moment my hips are like this / they are supposed to be like this - . If you could give me some tips, drills, hints that would be great!How do you learn splits with square hips?
Stretch before doing or trying the splits


Go to a gym class


Practice!How do you learn splits with square hips?
try an oversplit, but so your back knee isnt on the floor. Another good one is to find a corner in your house and put your back knee down in the corner, so your back legs toes are pointing toward the ceiling. Then put your front leg out, so you're in a split, but with your back leg bent up. This will square out your hips. Also do a 15 minute stretch session in the morning, and another at night. If I've confused you with the 2nd bit, go to http://gymnastics.about.com/od/traininga鈥?/a>


and that pic but its easier with a corner.


Hope i helped and good luck with your splits and gymnastics
do over splits or when u do ur split go as far as u can with out ur hip un-squaring and hold it. go to a dance class it wil help with flexibility and ur dance! i wis i could say more but i have good splits so that's all i know hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment