Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can you split up a 1-bedroom apartment so 2 people can live and work? very small space!?

galley kitchen on entry, long room. on one side is a fireplace. at the far end of the other wall is the radiator. the wall facing you as you enter is lined with windows. Very limited options...How can you split up a 1-bedroom apartment so 2 people can live and work? very small space!?
My aunt, sister, and I lived in a small 2-bedroom apartment. My aunt and sister shared a bedroom. My aunt made portable dividers of pine frames and linen. However, you could use wall paneling or a heavy fabric. My aunt purchased the wood, paint, nails, and fabric staples at the Home Depot. I am sure you'd be able to fine paneling there. If you want a heavy fabric then Linens 'n Things is a good place for fabric. With limited options, I suggest dividers that are easily portable yet durable enough to curtail sound and create a sense of privacy.How can you split up a 1-bedroom apartment so 2 people can live and work? very small space!?
I'm also hoping to split a small 1-bedroom with a friend...tips on how to do that would be great!
If you dont have any walls I would use curtains to use in place of a wall. Its trendy yet functional.
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment