Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How would I split the rent if my daughter and I occupy two rooms and my roommate has one?

I will be leasing an apartment with a roommate. It will be a 3 bedroom apartment 2 baths and my daughter who is one will have her own bedroom and so will I. The roommate will occupy the 3rd bedroom and the 2nd bath. How should the rent be split?How would I split the rent if my daughter and I occupy two rooms and my roommate has one?
Technically, you and your daughter count as two tenants so you would be obligated for two thirds of the rent.





You may want to check with your local city offices. The local renter's rules may be different in your area.





I would ask her if she is willing to pay half. She may, or many not be willing to do so.How would I split the rent if my daughter and I occupy two rooms and my roommate has one?
I was in this same situation with my older brother and my niece, (his daughter) We shared a three bedroom house and he payed 2/3 of the rent. This is because when living with other people you charge by the room, not by the people.
Since you and your daughter have 2 out of 3 bedrooms, it's only fair that you pay 2/3 and the roommate pay 1/3. The other bills should be split 50/50.

No comments:

Post a Comment