Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How should I clean the fan in the split system Ciliera air conditioner?

Is there a way to remove the front of the system or do I have to try to access it through the place where the air exits? I have tried to do it that way but it's not very thorough and there's a lot of mold in the fan blades.How should I clean the fan in the split system Ciliera air conditioner?
You have to disassemble the evaporator (inside unit) of a split system in order to get to the fan. These units work differently than a window unit and the fan is very long.





If you have such mold build up it suggests to me that it was not installed level or the drain was not installed with a downward pitch so that water sits in the drain pan that is never drained out as it should be. These are both errors of installation.





You might call your installer out to check the pitch and for proper drainage. At that time they can disassemble the unit for cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment