Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to improve split jumps for gymnastics?

I can do a full split on the ground, (only with my right leg) and i practice these splits everyday. However, once i try a split jump it's not high nor completely straight. Are there any good stretches or anything I should work on to help my split jumps?How to improve split jumps for gymnastics?
I would guess your problem lies with the strength in that part of your legs instead of flexibility. I have the same problem. Its because when you're doing the splits you have your whole body weight to push you down in a positive way while when trying to do a split leap in the air you have your body pushing you back down in a negative way. one thing you could try that helped me is hanging from a bar or tree branch in your splits position all the while hanging off the ground and try to hold that position as high and long as possible. Hope this helps :)How to improve split jumps for gymnastics?
if you have a trampoline, work the split jumps on there first eventually you will have enough flexibility to pull your legs up and enough leg strength to jump high. i did gymnastics for 8 years and it probably took me at least 1 year to get a good split jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment