Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What should your splits be to break a 5 minute mile?

My mile time is around 5:15-5:25 and i can't seem to get under five. Any help?What should your splits be to break a 5 minute mile?
well if your running 5:15s right now u might want to get down in the 5:08s first thats a 1:17 sec lap each time, with a 38.5 sec 200m yea your most likely not going to b able to pace it perfect but u just want to try to b around there (1:17 2:34 at the half and 3:51 with a lap left)





but if you really think u can break five your going to need to average under a 1:15


so 1:14s and 37 sec 200ms


2:28 at the half and 3:42with a lap left again your not going to b perfectly on past most likely so just try your best to b closest to the pace, and kill yourself that last lapWhat should your splits be to break a 5 minute mile?
I'm having this same problem about a month or 2 ago I was running a 5:08 mile, and I run 3 miles every other day and 1 mile on the days I don't run three, my fastest time is at 5:01. Which is the best in my school for 8th grade guys.


My advise would be start running long distances sometimes.


Try two miles some days. Makes one mile feel like it's easy as pie =]
Every lap around the track take a 18 second sprint during a mile race.

No comments:

Post a Comment