Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I split from the wife but not the daughter?

Here is my situation: Married 12 years. One daughter 11 years old. Very unhappy. Wife has had serial affairs (at least pregnant once by another man), continually abuses and disrespects in front of my daughter and my family. I've said I want a divorce and am prepared to leave, have talked to lawyers, etc. Now, my employer presents me with my golden opportunity to get out of this miserable situation - new job, new city - but I am afraid of leaving my daughter alone with her Mom. How do I split from the wife and not the daughter?How do I split from the wife but not the daughter?
she may be mature enough to choose with whom she lives.


would she choose you??How do I split from the wife but not the daughter?
File for a legal separation and file for divorce and full custody and in detail put in there why and make sure that you leave nothing out at all as in abuse drugs ect. when you are granted custody take the job offer and your daughter with you to start over with a new start
you go to court and a have them appoint your daughter a legal guardian all of you will then see a family counselor and then a determination will be made as to who sees who when and under what circumstances. She is a big girl and just let her know that if she ever needs you, you will come running.
Go for custody. Despite other opinions, alot of fathers gain custody of their children because the courts dont favor mothers any more. Sounds like your wife has a history of problems that may not be best for your daughter. It does concern me that you are calling her ';the daughter';.
Fight for custody?





Unless she's a crack addict, you'll probably lose though. Courts overwhelmingly favor mothers.
Easy -- seek full custody of the daughter...its not like she is 2
You confront your daughter first and tell her that while both her parents love her, you don't love each other anymore. Better still, tell her you DO love her mother but that you can't get along and so you HAVE to live separately and ask your daughter would she like to try and start over with YOU, and still see her mom whenever she wants, or , live with her mom and see YOU whenever she wants. Either way, you're entitled to some time with your daughter.





But if you WANT custody, then go to the court house and file for sole custody FIRST before you split.....when you split, with your daughter, the wife then has to APPEAL the decision in Family Court.....which they'll rush through because of a minor being involved.





If you're not leaving town, it shouldn't present too much of a problem. I don't think you can legally take your daughter out of state/province though, without the wife's permission.





Either way.........once you are separated from your wife, you are LEGALLY permitted to have access to your daughter. I have a male friend who's ex left the province and HE gets to go visit and spend the weekend at a hotel with his kid......he doesn't have any relatives there and then he gets his son on special occasions....after grading day for 3 weeks, at Xmas, etc......they work out the schedule but he's entitled to so many days a year. but that's because of the distance.





When they lived in the same province, he had his son every weekend. I know others who happily share custody, no problem.





But the good thing is that your daughter will probably enjoy her time with you more because her mom is so abusive.......and could very well choose to live with you or at the very least, spend more time with you than her.





And your time together will of better quality....because you won't have the ex abusing you both and ruining your time.





You are doing the right thing to get out while you can......every year you're with her is more you'll have to pay out.......not to mention your pension plans!!!





But explain to your daughter that MOM is unhappy and it's just not fair to the family to endure that every day......stress your love for her, don't make her '; choose '; good parent/bad parent........just say we both love you and I'm the one leaving but I don't want you to think I'm leaving YOU, I'm not. I'm your dad and I'll ALWAYS be there for you......

No comments:

Post a Comment